Volunteer with us!
Parent involvement is the key to student achievement! Research has shown that students will achieve more in their education when their parents are involved. We would love to have you volunteer at the school!
Our Parent Resource Center is open daily 7:30 am - 3:00 pm.
Volunteers are needed throughout the year. Please sign up and help make the most of the middle school experience for your student. Ms. Jasmine Valencia is our Parent Coordinator and she would love to have your contact information - she can be reached at @ 770534-4237 or by e-mail email@example.com
SAFETY PROCEDURES FOR VOLUNTEER CATEGORIES
GENERAL: Has only infrequent and/or single incident one-on-one contact with students and should be under in the supervision of other school staff when interacting with students
MENTOR/INTERN: Serve under the umbrella of another authorized program such as college & universities or other qualified community agencies. Mentors not affiliated with another program are required to go through Center Point’s mentor training program
ONE-ON-ONE: Includes individuals who have 1-on-1 contact with students on a consistent and on-going basis.
Requirements for Volunteers
- Complete a volunteer application. This can be done in the school’s office or at the District office
- Sign a Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement One-on-One Volunteer Requirements
- Complete the Child Abuse Mandated Reporting, Child Sexual Abuse and Assault, Human Sex Trafficking, Sexual Harassment Awareness, Suicide Awareness and Prevention, Sexual Misconduct Reporting modules via Compliance Director.
- Complete a background check through the Gainesville City School Board Office.
Please have all volunteers needing a background check see Sherry McElroy at the School Board Office. Background checks will cost $10.
Partnering with Parents
- Student Dress Code
- Student Code of Conduct: English OR Spanish
- PBIS Parent Letter: English OR Spanish
PARENTS RIGHT TO KNOW
Right to Know Professional Qualifications of Teachers and Paraprofessionals
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Students Succeeds Act, the Gainesville Middle School would like to inform you that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student’s teacher(s) and/ or paraprofessional(s). The following information may be requested:
● Whether the student’s teacher: has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction; is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
● Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s and/ or paraprofessional’s qualifications, please contact the Misty Freeman, Principal at GMS East at 770-534-4237.