Mission: INSPIRE, NURTURE, CHALLENGE, & PREPARE our HERD.
Our teams offers our students a multitude of opportunities to think critically, act compassionately, work meaningfully, choose wisely, and live joyfully. From running the 100 meter dash in physical education, while practicing for cross country or track, to reading the latest Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl book, we do our best to enrich our students lives inside and outside the school building.
At GMS, we encourage all students to embody our PBIS 4R's representing what it means to be a Red Elephant in academics and attitude. Students practice being READY when they enter the classroom, RESPECTFUL to classmates and adults, RESPONSIBLE for themselves and their actions, and a ROLE MODELS for all.
Get set for SPIRIT WEEK at the middle school! Students and staff are encouraged to dress each day. All clothing should follow the school dress code.
- Monday, 8/29 is Neon Day to show our BRIGHT FUTURE
- Tuesday, 8/30 is School Spirit Day recognize our Fall Athletes strong start to the season and celebrate our first HOME football game--played at West Campus @ 6 pm
- Wednesday, 8/31 is Disney Day to show how MAGICAL MIDDLE SCHOOL IS!
- Thursday, 9/1 is Decades Day as we have many generations of RED ELEPHANTS to celebrate in our community!
- Friday, 9/2 is College Colors Day as we take part in COLLEGE COLOR DAYS to support your spirit for your favorite college team.
We are adjusting the SCHOOL TIMES for this school year!
School Starts: 8:05 am
Target time for all students to be at school: 7:45 am
School Opens: 7:30 am
School Dismissal: 3:05 pm
All students picked up: 3:30 pm
Which middle school are you ZONED for?
Use the ATTENDANCE MAP link below to find your SCHOOL ZONE! The dividing line is John Morrow Parkway (blue line on the map).